Jun 16, 2011

So It Started Like This

Although it was 99° outside today, I bravely ventured out.  Glad that I did since I was absolutely irritated by the complete ignorance humored by this:
Is it really so?  Because I'm pretty sure comming is NOT a word.  At all.  But the day gets better.  Not one block later, a young girl around 20 years old is zipping down the sidewalk in someone's motorized wheelchair with her legs hanging over the handle bars.  Too bad she was going too fast to get a good picture, but it was a lot like this (*add in afternoon traffic and legs on the handle bars to your mental image).
Then she nearly ran me over in the grocery store while she was hanging a hard left near the dog food.  Wow.  Now I'm pretty disappointed that our city is full of phonetic spellers and people who exploit the elderly, but then the day took a turn for the worse.  Cue the low class individual in the cleaning products isle. I was about 10 feet behind her and gaining when she quickly glanced at me over her shoulder and chucked something into the hanging Swiffer mops.  What?  Well we meet up a little farther down the isle next to the insecticides.  She's holding a brand new tube of Crest toothpaste (the fancy Vivid White kind).  I've bought enough toothpaste to know you don't buy the tube without the box.  At this point she's blocking me from looking at the mosquito spray, so I just stand there and stare at her and this weirdo situation.  She shrugs and says, "This stuff is so much cheaper at the DG [i.e. Dollar General].  You should go there."  I thank her for the suggestion, and she moves on to the next isle.  I can't help but look over the Swiffer bottles to see what she threw back there--GUILTY.  It was the toothpaste box and some gum pack wrapping.  I move down to the next isle just to look, and she is slipping it into her purse!  Really?!  Toothpaste is like $1 (maybe not that specific kind), and her cart was full of other stuff.  Clearly it was time for me to go home.

Last Christmas Philip and I saw a hitchhiker open a clear candy can full of Hershey Kisses and dump the contents into his jacket, throw the empty container onto a shelf and walk away.  What do you do when you see something like that?  Confront them?  Tattle tale?  Let it go? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment