May 28, 2011

2nd Best Chicken Salad

My absolute favorite lunching spot, O'Carr's, is going to be closed Monday for Memorial Day.  Margaret and I loved to visit there on my days off, and now she'll be in town Monday!  So, I checked my trusty recipe box at All Recipes, and I found a chicken salad recipe that looked simple.  Well, at least I thought it was simple; I didn't have bacon, water chestnuts, grapes, minced onion, ginger, or lemon juice!  Anyway, I used what I did have, along with two pieces of baked chicken.

1. Bake 2-3 pieces of boneless, skinless chicken breasts at 400° for 40 minutes.
2. Shred the chicken into tiny pieces.
 3. Add the following ingredients:
  • 1/2 c. chopped celery or 3 T. celery flakes
    1/2 c. mayo (I used the new olive oil blend-yum!)
    1 T. dried parsley flakes
  • 1 t. onion powder or 2 t. minced onion
  • 1 dash of Worcestershire sauce
  • salt and pepper to taste
*I added 1/2 T. of thyme, which is really the secret ingredient for making it taste like O'Carr's!
4. Mix well and serve chilled with butterfly crackers!  Delish!

0 comments:

Post a Comment