Jan 16, 2012

Pita Pita!

I my attempt to eat less sugar, I am having to snack on more filling foods like hummus!  Now, one can only eat hummus and baby carrots so many days in a row before tiring of the carrot crunch.  I found this recipe for pita chips, but a HALF CUP of olive oil?  I am likely to eat all of these in one sitting, and that is a lot of fat.  I may as well go back to my brownies and cookie dough!  So I adapted it a little.
borrowed from here



1 T. Kosher Salt
1 T. Dried Basil
1 t. Garlic Powder
1 t. Onion Powder
1 t. Dried Oregano
1/2 t. Black Pepper
8 Pitas or Whole Wheat Tortillas
Olive Oil Cookie Spray

Mix all spices in a large bowl. (I spread it out on a plate instead.) Use a pizza cutter to cut into 6 or 8 triangles. Spray the pita with a good coating of olive oil spray.  Pat the oily side in the spice mixture, then place on a single layer onto two cookie sheets. Cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment