Feb 16, 2012

A Have-To Breakup


I am sadly breaking up with my [imaginary] blogging BFF, Sheridan French.  In the last six months, we have been hanging on by only a small thread.  At one time I thought, "Wow. She has it all.  She has two small children, a to-die-for collection of my most favorite ikat shorts and dresses that I cannot afford, and a bazillion dollar home!  AND she's like 100 lbs.  We are so [not] alike. What is her secret?!"  Well, after months of being beaten down by posts about how and why I should breastfeed, how I cannot possibly understand what kind of psycho would give their baby formula, and why stay at home and play housewife and serve my family instead of work, we are having an official breakup.  Her latest post on how I am sending myself to an early death because I eat oatmeal was the last straw.  "It is truly unfathomable to me that people still use the Food Pyramid as a guide."  Ok. I am happy to hear how others live everyday life (cooking, balancing work and family, shopping and saving, etc.), I am not interested in harsh judgements and the belief that their way is the only way because they eat fancy delivery paelo kits.  I will only keep blogs in my aggregator that make me happy to read!!!  That's it for my complaining.  Promise.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! I'm starting to watch this series on The Comparison Trap: http://www.buckheadchurch.org/messages/current ... we should watch together! And Skype about it! :)

    ReplyDelete