Jun 18, 2012

Geting Better Faster

It's morning.  Sore throat.  Stuffy nose.  Sinus pressure.  Sneezing.  Headache.  What is happening?? Who gets head colds in the summer?  Only children and great-grandparents.  And me.  Determined to be well in less than a week, I read up on my cold remedies.  I'm sure everyone's heard the usual:  drink lots of water, get lots of rest, don't exert too much physical energy, etc.  Well, I've added a few items to my cold fighting arsenal, and I really think I've shortened my typical 10-14 day cold to 5-7 days!!!

 
One tasty lozenge every 3 hours for the first two days (no more than 6 per day) made my sense of taste and smell nonexistent.

 
Seriously the best relief for sleeping with a stuffy/sneezy/runny nose.  I have read rave reviews as well as depressing addictions, so be warned.  I only used this the two worst nights.
 
I 100% believe this Green SuperFood has been the main factor in getting over my cold.  It is unreal!  I have never before had so many vegetables in one day in my life.  It is unfathomable that I could ever eat 30 vegetables (see the end of this post for more info ).  I mixed this berry flavored powder into my breakfast smoothie for the past three days--my new favorite!


Super Dark Green Breakfast Smoothie
1 scoop ORAC Green Superfood
1 T. wheat germ
1 T. flax seed
1 T. peanut butter
1/2 t. vanilla
1/2 t. cinnamon
1 dropper of Stevia sweetener
1 banana
1 c. unsweetened almond coconut milk blend
1/2 c. ice

Pour milk in blender first and add banana.  Then add powders one at a time, mixing until smooth.  Add ice last.

Tomorrow will be the one week mark of this cold, and I am so glad it is nearly gone!  If I am missing a tried and true remedy, please fill me in!

ORAC Super Food Info:
Borrowed directly from the Amazing Grass website, their experts explain that they use ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) to measure and compare that score to other fruits and vegetables...If you look at ORAC as a baseline, then the new ORAC Green SuperFood has an ORAC score of 15,000 and using the same math would equate to 30 servings of fruits and vegetables in one scoop.  Learn more here!


0 comments:

Post a Comment